..the one about friendships

Some days I sit and wonder why I do not seem to have meaningful friendships. I am talking about genuine friendships.May be it is that I am just too busy with my family. You know, life with a full time job and 3 children is definitely hectic leaving me with very little time to nurture friendships. Then I have a job with barely any females around. I do have few friends that I made in the apartment I live. But then nothing solid or things don't go well as you would expect.

I do want to talk few of my very specific friends and how the friendship panned out over time.

~ A friend who kind of broke off the friendship when I left the company where we worked together for around 4 years. We were called as 'siamese-twins' by many around us. We lived in the same apartment for some time, traveled together, had tea/lunch together. Then all gone...because I changed my job. Or may be the reasons why I found a new job and moving out of the apartment did the trick...The hardest part is that I left behind everyone in that friend circle...

~ Another office friend who kind of starting acting distant ever since I told about being pregnant with the third baby. I didn't expect it from this particular friend and it hurt a lot when I realized that he skipped visiting me when he came down to my city.

~Another friend who had issues because she might get inconvenienced if I hire our common maid for some extra hours to help out with my children when I rejoin work. Somehow my husband assumed that she will make adjustments because of our friendship, but she has made it clear that maid-business is serious business. I just wish I had not even talked with our maid. Sometimes it is just nice to live under the illusion think that you have someone helping you. Then our problems are our own...

~On the bright side, there is my childhood friend who took a big detour, traveled around 4 hours with two kids just to be with me for a few hours. I was so overwhelmed by her gesture. But then she has been my best friend since the age of 10. May be such friendship are enough for me...Now I wait for the day I can visit her with my family. Some day soon...

Comments